Yoga and meditation during pregnancy
are one of the effective ways to overcome difficult processes. Pregnancy is a process where emotions such as happiness, sadness, courage, and anxiety can be felt together, as well as a hopeful and exciting expectation. Pregnancy Yoga or Pregnancy Meditation can give positive results to manage the hormonal changes experienced in this perfect and mysterious process in a more controlled manner and have a more comfortable birth.
What is Pregnancy Yoga?
Yoga is a part of staying in balance physically, mentally, and spiritually. It has very rich content and includes physical, mental, and spiritual experiences. Pregnancy yoga practices ensure that expectant mothers are healthier and more peaceful during pregnancy. Pregnancy yoga also provides a comfortable vaginal delivery, but the most important thing is the contribution of yoga during pregnancy to the physical and mental development of the baby. Giving birth to a healthy baby is the wish of every expectant mother, and yoga practice during pregnancy helps the mother to a great extent at this point.
What Are the Pregnancy Yoga Exercises?
Yoga exercises during pregnancy provide the benefit of yoga postures in the prenatal period. At the same time, yoga provides a calmer and more peaceful inner period beyond a physical practice. Pregnant women can do certain yoga moves to relieve tension in their bodies, but what is essential for childbirth is mental focus.
The purpose of yoga in the last trimester of pregnancy is to expand the space in the mother’s body for the baby. For this reason, it is necessary to focus on movements that create a feeling of width rather than movements that create a feeling of shrinkage in the body.
What Kind of Yoga Movements does not Recommended During Pregnancy?
The first trimester of pregnancy is very tiring, so there are many types of yoga and movements to relax and rest expectant mothers. Yoga movements during pregnancy should be preferred in consultation with a specialist doctor and yoga instructor, but certain yoga movements are not recommended during pregnancy. These movements are listed as follows:
- For expectant mothers, yoga movements called hot yoga, which is done with the increase in the temperature of the environment, should be avoided.
- Yoga movements in which the abdominal muscles are highly stretched are not recommended for expectant mothers.
- During the first trimester of pregnancy, lying on your back should be avoided. Such movements can reduce the blood flow to the uterus by the body.
- Yoga movements that are inactive for a long time are not suitable for expectant mothers.
- Deeply curved yoga movements made towards the front and back are very inconvenient for the pregnancy period.
- Yoga movements that apply pressure to the abdomen are very inconvenient for expectant mothers.
- Since the center of gravity of the body constantly changes during pregnancy, the yoga movements to be done should be determined by discussing with a specialist doctor and yoga instructor.
What is Pregnancy Meditation?
Pregnancy meditation, which is a method of resting the mind scientifically, also helps the person to reach inner peace and calmness. With the pregnancy meditation method, it is aimed not only to be in the past or the future but also to be able to stay in the moment and experience that moment without being stuck with thoughts.
The psychology of the expectant mother during pregnancy affects the development of the baby and the life he will live in the future. One of the cornerstones of physical, mental, and spiritual health is the time spent in the womb. The thoughts, ideas, and experiences of the expectant mother directly affect the baby, so the expectant mother should stay away from stress as much as possible and have a peaceful and happy process.
How to Do Pregnancy Meditation?
There are certain steps and stages to be able to do pregnancy meditation. These stages are listed as follows:
- Pregnancy meditations are generally done by sitting upright.
- The expectant mother should find a very comfortable position for herself.
- With eyes closed, take a deep breath through the nose. Continue long and deep breaths until the thorax expands.
- There should be a word, namely a mantra, that the expectant mother will say to herself during meditation. During meditation, this phrase again penetrates the subconscious and helps to assimilate the meaning of the word with strength.
- A mantra can be chosen that will meet the needs during pregnancy.
What Are the Benefits of Yoga and Meditation During Pregnancy?
Yoga and meditation during pregnancy help the expectant mother to have a more comfortable and peaceful pregnancy period. These movements and meditation have many benefits. These benefits are listed as follows:
- With the growing baby, it makes it easier to adapt to the changes experienced in the body.
- Thanks to the exercises and yoga, blood circulation increases, and the baby are fed and developed more.
- Thanks to the meditations, awareness of the breath are gained and more oxygen is carried to the baby.
- With deep relaxation, spiritual relaxation is provided and all muscles are rested.
- Thanks to meditations and yoga, the emotional bond with the baby is strengthened.
- With the yoga movements, the body is stretched and a more comfortable birth is provided.
- Birth cramps can be alleviated with yoga movements.
- Relaxation is achieved through meditation.
- Physical, mental, and spiritual balance is provided for expectant mothers.
- The expectant mother is protected from stress and stress-related disorders.
- With meditations, fears and worries are removed.
With yoga and meditations during pregnancy, a more comfortable and more controlled process can be achieved.